things I am angry about pt. whatever:
if I have to see one more post about how elementary sucks because it’s the american bbc sherlock I’m going to fucking eat someone’s face. just like - gnaw all of the skin off of their skull. jesus fucking christ are you actually serious? really?
- the show isn’t “sherlock with a female watson” and even if it were so fucking what. we should be celebrating the fact that a woman, a fucking badass poc, is playing a typically white, male role. how often does that happen? how about very, very rarely. and also, lucy liu is amazing. if you don’t believe me, watch her act the shit out of her role on season 4 of southland.
- I would support an adaptation of sherlock holmes that involves making the watson and holmes relationship canonically romantic, but as not one has done so to this point it’s not “getting in the way of a gay relationship” to make john a joan. it’s just not.
- the show hasn’t even come out yet. how the fuck are you supposed to know if it’s good? how are you supposed to know if it’s anything like bbc sherlock. do you even realize how many adaptations of sherlock holmes there have been? how about like 40.
- you know what isn’t mutually exclusive? liking two adaptations of the same source material. this isn’t us vs. them. it’s not a competition. I like bbc sherlock, despite its rampant problems, but I’m hoping with all my fucking might that elementary is awesome. stop picking sides. it’s juvenile and unnecessary.
- even if you don’t like elementary when it comes out, it’s also pretty terrible to feel entitled to spewing your hate across the internet. how about you move on, watch the shows you do like, and don’t start shit? or at least tag your drama so that I don’t have to read it.
welp, feelings. I’m done now.
WB’s Sherlock Holmes / BBC’s Sherlock
BUT WHERE IS MYCROFT. STEPHEN FRY IS MYCROFT IN THE MOVIE, YOU GUYS. AND MARK GATISS!!