right now I am working on a series of linked short stories which take place in the same cyberpunk future! also some other stuff, but mostly that first thing.
- written about 200 words (changing a flashback into an entirely new story is hard, yo.)
- watched the newest episode of justified
- lounged in bed
- watched it rain outside my window
- gotten caught up on the last 36 hours of tumblr
- sorted out my email situation
- sneezed at least 47 times
- finalized plans for the afternoon
basically, I have done very little today.
(a longer list would be, “things I should have done today that I have not done.”)
you know who has all of my feelings? the mountain goats have all of my feelings.
“there’ll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you’re gonna find really difficult to forgive.” - up the wolves, off of the sunset tree.
- problems with fiction: I’m growing tired of switching back and forth between the past and the present, particularly because 1. the present is more interesting, and 2. I prefer the present tense, but I am uncertain whether I feel comfortable violating the established structure and BLAH.
- this is currently one of my favorite lines, though:
“how the fuck should I know,” he says, “but I’m down to internal systems only, and it’s not like my brain comes with space invaders installed or anything.”
guess who is planning on not leaving her house until she runs out of food and/or goes to see the decendents this evening?
that would be me.
(also have to finish my first piece for workshop by 8pm on tuesday which HA HA HA YEAH that’s totally going to be awesome. I am writing cyberpunk, though, so. at least it’s fun for me. cyberpunk roadtrip, y’all. it’s happening.)
my problem is that I never know where the end is. :( until it magically appears and I am like OH THERE YOU ARE WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG TO ARRIVE YOU RAGING ASSHOLE STOP LEAVING ME HANGING FOR FOREVER AND GET THE FUCK OVER HERE.
- me, like thirteen hours ago
these are the kinds of things that I send to my friends at odd hours of the evening. that, and pictures of my cat in weird places.